[Shop-talk] Air Compressor

Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: rbeels at yahoo.com (Richard Beels)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:34:01 -0700
If you really worry about it, don't...

Compressed air doesn't have _that_ much force.  It's not
explosive.  It's just, well, air.  It's not like it's a steam boiler
sputnik wannabee.  :-O

More flash-bang than bomb.  I've seen a couple go off and the
compressor doesn't even move...

At 05/22/11 at 09:24, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Wayne's
keyboard and said:
>On 5/22/2011 10:26 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
>>I always wondered how long my 40-year-old Craftsman air compressor
>>tank would last, and how destructively catastrophic would the failure
>>be?  Turns out to be 40 years, and not very.
>
>So... just how did it fail?  I worry about mine, and it sounds
>similar.  1971 (5 years younger than me) vintage 2hp 40-ish gallon
>that dad bought back in the day.  I drain the water occasionally but
>leave it pressurized full time.  It lives in the basement / garage
>and I worry it may explode up through the floor some day.
>
>-Wayne

Cheers!