[Shop-talk] Air Compressor

Subject: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 12:24:43 -0400
On 5/22/2011 10:26 AM, Jeff Scarbrough wrote:
> I always wondered how long my 40-year-old Craftsman air compressor
> tank would last, and how destructively catastrophic would the failure
> be?  Turns out to be 40 years, and not very.

So... just how did it fail?  I worry about mine, and it sounds similar.
  1971 (5 years younger than me) vintage 2hp 40-ish gallon that dad
bought back in the day.  I drain the water occasionally but leave it
pressurized full time.  It lives in the basement / garage and I worry it
may explode up through the floor some day.

-Wayne