[Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

Subject: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:01:04 -0400
Actually, I was very impressed with the owner.  He is also a professor at
Columbia at times!

His company makes the industrial tools to make medical supplies and such.
Think of the company that makes the machines that puts the pills in the
bottles or packages needles and scalpels.

What happens is that the market is very unpredictable.  There are long
lags with no work at times.  So he looked at manufacturing something that
he figured was simple and worked with his production equipment.

He came up with a very effective design for a wood chipper. So he has his
guys make them when business is slow.  Then he sells them whenever.

I was very impressed with the owner and the machine they put out.  I've
used the machine and it works great.  I personally may make a small
modification, but I think it's mostly because of how I want to use it
instead of what it's best at.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll pass on his information.  I
have no finical interest in it, just a satisfied customer.

BTW, he is looking for people that want to become dealers, so if you have
a shop or know anyone, let me know.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Douglas Braun <doug at dougbraun.com>
05/12/2011 09:28

eric at megageek.com
cc
shop-talk at autox.team.net
Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

> The other was a chipper/shredder for a 3pt mount.  Normally these things
> start at $3000 USED.  But by reading all I could and researching them to
> death, I found a medical supply company that makes them on the side when
> business is slow.

Yow!  What sort of medical product do they normally make?  I hope
I'm not ever sick enough to need one!

Doug