Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:01:27 -0400
I think it depends on your area.  In my area the work market is very depressed
so people are anxious to sell things and nobody has money to buy, so prices are
low.  In an area where everybody is working and has a lot of money, the prices
will be higher.

Ebay evens things out a bit because things for sale there are viewed by people
across the whole country.  But even at that you can find slight deals there.
For instance I had looked into buying a DeWalt sliding miter saw.  I found the
best price at all stores in my area, then searched ebay.  There were new ones
available from retail sellers and even with shipping I could have saved some
money.  There were occasional new ones for sale by individuals for a little
less, but you would have had to watch for awhile for one of these deals to pop
up.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums