[Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl

Subject: [Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 14:59:47 -0400
Tom,

I used a heat gun and razor blade to remove almost full height graphics
from a enclosed trailer without any problems.

Ideally, if you could have two people, one with the heat gun and one with
the razor blade.

Also, make sure the blades are brand new.

Don't try to heat up much more than where you are working on the letters.

If you pick a nice hot and sunny day, you might not even need the heat
gun.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

pdqtr6 at comcast.net
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
05/07/2011 09:14 AM

shop-talk at Autox.Team.Net
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl

I have the task at work of removing a lot of vinyl lettering from the
sides of
the 2 company delivery vans.B  The lettering and logos have been on the
vans
since they were new several years ago, and are quite secure.B  Are there
any
tips or (better yet) trade secrets that you can share?B  I have a real
heat
gun (not a hair dryer), a fresh can of 3M adhesive remover, and an old
razor
blade scraper (which scares the s**t out of me).B  Unfortunately, I also
have
an impatient boss.