[Shop-talk] Tig Welder

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder
From: rlwhitetr3b at hotmail.com (Rich White)
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 08:07:27 -0500
That is what happened to several Amazon and Overstocked affilates in
Illinois.

This is a paragaph I copied from knoxnews.com

Under the new law, called the Main Street Fairness Act, online retailers must
collect and remit sales taxes on purchases made by Illinois residents if the
online retailer has a physical presence in the state. The new law expands the
meaning of "physical presence" beyond a warehouse, factory or office to
include affiliate companies, typically deal and coupon website operators that
earn commissions for directing shopping traffic to an online store

Rich White Central, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF###L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

> To: shop-talk at autox.team.net
> From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:03:37 +0000
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder
>
> Yup, and if I remember the article correctly, Amazon planned to shutter the
facility rather than admit to the nexus and collect and remit the tax.

> I am ALL ABOUT paying every cent of tax you owe, but that seems like a
colossally stupid move by Texas.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/shop-talk/scott.hall.personal at gmail.com