[Shop-talk] Tig Welder

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder
From: shochschild at att.net (shochschild at att.net)
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 09:11:38 -0500
Here is another vote for the Diversion.  I went to my local community
college (ACC, in Austin) and got good training, looked at my needs, and
I am very pleased with the choice I made.  I got the foot pedal, and
recommend it.  I have yet to hit the duty cycle limitation.  A big issue
for me was portability/storage, and the Diversion is not much bigger or
heavier than my plasma cutter, vs the used Synchrowave I found that
looked better on paper, but would have been an essentially permanent
install.

I knew what I wanted, and so ordered it online for the cost/sales tax
savings.  Otherwise, your local Miller dealer will likely give you a
demo, but for me, that means I would have felt obligated to buy from
them and pay the sales tax...

I enjoy reading the Miller DIY newsletter and forums - check them out if
you haven't already.