Re: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder

To: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tig Welder
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 06:42:51 -0700
My understanding--I'm not a lawyer--is that there is no law requiring any
seller to collect tax on items sold/shipped to
a purchaser from outside that seller's home state (but there will be
eventually--bet on it).  I live in California, so
it is up to me to declare out-of-state purchases and pay the sales tax, which I
generally do (if I can find the paperwork).

Since you quoted me, I'll clarify: "The seller will not charge sales tax if you
live outside of IN, so it's up to you to
handle that as you and your taxing authorities see fit."   That's what I meant
when I wrote that (yep).

Who 'lit up' your client?  What was your client trying to pull off?  Are you a
lawyer or an accountant?

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums