Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:37:49 -0700
Never heard of it used that way, but it seems to me that sodium silicate
(water glass) would be closer to what you want than Slime.  Cap off all the
outlets (don't want it in your quick connects or regulators, etc) then fill
the system with a relatively weak solution (so it doesn't cost so much) and
leave it under pressure for a few hours.  Then drain and let dry thoroughly.

I read somewhere that they were using sodium silicate to stop the
radioactive water leaks in Japan.
-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums