Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The air saga continues...
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:00:16 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 30 May 2011, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I should be able to introduce a fluid of sorts into the air stream.  The
> fluid will find its way out of the leaks and clog them up.  I was thinking
> of using tire slime for this purpose.

    I can't see Time Slime working.  It's too heavy.  In order to seal a
tire with it, it has to be rotated at 20-30 mph for a while shortly after
application.  When I use it to seal studded ice-racing tires, I put the
racecar on jack stands, and make two tires at a time, so I can throw them
on the driven wheels and run them in.  Otherwise, it all sags to the bottom
of the tire, and you have junk.

    How are you going to spin your shop at 20 mph? ;)

--
  David Hillman

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums