Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] storage shed plans
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 07:07:18 -0700
Yes, a quality metal building will last, but a $300 shed, even powder coated
will start to fail faster than a wood building.  Any scratch, or non-coated
edge, if not repaired well will rust quickly. There are simply too many
failure points

I finally built a wooden structure on a solid concrete block foundation,
pressure treated floor/base structure, roofed with three tab, and it's a
permanent structure. I would have poured a foundation but legally, this was
a temporary storage shed.

A lot will depend on where you are, as some environments are wetter than
others, but I was never happy with the look or durability of an inexpensive
metal shed, whereas the stick built wooden ones can blend in, add value to
the property and are durable.

Just my experience.

Jack