Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 16:14:09 -0400
I think you could probably use them if they would fit, but I would expect that
manufacturers would make the ends a bit different so one voltage system
wouldn't interchange with another voltage system.

You could always buy another battery on ebay, or take apart your dead one and
buy new cells at radioshack or wherever.  I have a cordless shaver and cordless
trimmer that both are pretty old.  I've replaced batteries in each one by
taking out the old battery and matching it up at radioshack, then soldering in
the new one.

I have a new Ridgid 18V drill w/ LiIon batteries.  The original batteries are
worthless.  I've thought about opening them up and rebuilding them, but I'll
probably mail them back to Ridgid along with a complaint letter and hope they
will send me new ones.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums