[Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

Subject: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting
From: jibjib at att.net (Jack Brooks)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:41:59 -0700
No matter what you do, have someone (wife or kids) around to stack.  I cut
and split and my wife stacked.  We moved quite fast, definitely faster than
using a hydraulic splitter.  Those wedges move slowly.

Tough woods like oak, and pecan are tough to split dry.  I used a good dry
film lube (spray on and let dry) on my axe/maul and it worked great on wet
wood.

Jack