[Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

Subject: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 17:11:00 -0400
Two votes for "picking up the wood is most of the work."  This is the time
to find young kids (that are old enough to know when to stay away as you
split) but can pick up the split pieces and stack them.

One trick for hand splitting, place a few pieces in an old tire and you
can swing a bunch of times without having to pick it up after each swing.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Drew Rogge <drew at DasRogges.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
04/22/2011 15:39

shop-talk at autox.team.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] OFF TOPIC - wood splitting

My father-in-law claims that oak splits best when it's green and the old
boy has done a lot of splitting. He grew up in the back woods of Arkansas
in the '30s and they burned oak for cooking and heat. He also points out
that by the time you wrestle the round up on to the splitter you've done
almost as much work as splitting the wood yourself. I to am a longtime
professional geek and I can do about three rounds before taking a rest.
Not proud of the fact but it does feel nice when I'm done.

Drew

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: