[Shop-talk] OT: Well Water Pressure Tanks

Subject: [Shop-talk] OT: Well Water Pressure Tanks
From: wmc_st at xxiii.com (Wayne)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:07:47 -0400
Hey Guys,

Somewhat OT question:  anyone know much about reliability of well water
pressure tanks?  (I depend on mine for washing up after working in the
shop, as well as cleaning car parts in the dishwasher.)  I understand
sizing, and that's it's all about maximizing pump cycle times and a
bigger tank is better.

Mostly interested in anyone's experience with longevity and reliability
of various brands.  Lowes has an absurdly cheap 86 gal tank for $332;
but I'm very suspect of their quality.  Good brands seem to be
Well-X-Trol (mine died at 11 years), Flexcon, and Goulds.  any input?

-Wayne