[Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters

Subject: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 17:05:21 -0800
> Neither solution will work for wet needles; the mass of needles is just
> too dense.

I used to have a deck roof that was essentially a bunch of shallow gutters
side by side feeding into one main gutter.  My cleaning rod is made from
3/4" PVC and a "sidewalk sweeping" nozzle, with several elbows at the end so
the nozzle points at an angle down the gutter.  It had no problem with wet
needles, even when buried in 2" of muck as well.

Biggest problem was that the muck rained down on everything in the yard,
including the operator.  I eventually tore it out.

-- Randall