[Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters

Subject: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters
From: watsonm05 at comcast.net (Mark Watson)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:27:27 -0500
Hi Randy,

    They flair the opening of the downspout and use whatbs basically a piece
of flat-stock (maybe a flat section from an old gutter) screwed to the facia
and riveted to the downspout to hold the top end of the downspout in place.
They install a standard gutter outlet in the gutter.  When I flip the gutter
the outlet just lifts out of the downspout.  My gutters often have a clot of
leaves + pine needles clogging the outlet and when I flip the gutters I either
bang the gutter or poke at the clog until it falls out.  As a bonus I can look
right through the outlet from the ground and easily see that itbs clear.

    If you go to the Photo Gallery at the website you can see the outlet in
picture 03.  If you look really closely you might be able to see the strap
thatbs holding the top end of the downspout in alignment.

    If youbre really curious I can try to dig up a digital camera and post
some pictures.

    Hope this helps,

Mark