Re: [Shop-talk] Web based shop manuals

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Web based shop manuals
From: "Lee Daniels" <lee@automate-it.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:36:19 -0500
I used alldatadiy.com for a couple of years, but in the end I really prefer to
just buy a real shop manual. When I had a '94 Nissan Quest I found alldatadiy
completely useless; the information I got was marginal at best. For my '05
Mini I dropped the $100 it took to get the complete one from MiniMania. Really
nice, and it sits on my bench in the garage. I recently wanted one for my
wife's '04 Maxima, and didn't like the "thin" ones you can get from the auto
parts houses (Chilton, etc.) I could not find a good hardcopy, but the best
deal I found was on ebay! For $4.95 I got the complete, factory manual on CD
(in .pdf format). Nice, good index and searchable.

I went back to ebay when my son wanted to work on his MR-2, and found a
similar CD-format one for him.

 Lee

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums