Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press <-- Gutters
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:26:04 -0500
I live in Northern Virginia, so ice and ice dams can be an issue -
though not nearly to the extent that you probably experience it
(depending on where you live in New York).

I suppose if the surface temperature were at or below freezing, having
rain spray onto the ground would lead to ice, and that would indeed be
sub-optimal. I don't have any driveway or sidewalk space that would
receive the spray - though if the rain were coming in such velocity to
create good spray, I would expect that ice would be less of an issue.

I looked into the iRobot Looj before going with the gutter covers I'm
about to remove, and while it sounds cool, it just is a) too expensive
and b) less than perfectly reliable (see point a).

-Peter