[Shop-talk] Changing transmission fluid

Subject: [Shop-talk] Changing transmission fluid
From: cavanadd at frontier.com (David C.)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:42:58 -0800
I believe the thinking is that a flush may push crap back into the
transmission where it could clog oil passageways and cause more damage
than it might prevent.

I have a couple of Subaru Forresters.  The older one had about 100K
miles on it when I had a timing belt/head gasket service done.  When I
asked my Subaru service guy about a 100K transmission service, he
suggested that I just do a drain/fill when I did my next two or three
oil changes.  I did this two or three times and at 125K I am not having
any problems.

Don't know anything about Accords other than that they are (or at least
were) pretty good cars.