Re: [Shop-talk] Changing transmission fluid

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Changing transmission fluid
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:19:43 -0500
Some cars with external coolers and hoses can be changed this way-

Remove the pan, drain the fluid, replace the pan.
Fill up with as much fluid as you can put in it close to its theoretical full
capacity.
Pull the supply line off of the cooler and stick it in a bucket.
Start the car and let it idle, and watch the fluid that pumps out, when the
fluid stops or changes color to new fluid, turn off the engine.
Fill up to the proper level.

With my old car you could pull the pan and drain out maybe 6 or 8 quarts, but
you could pour 16 quarts into the trans and using the method above pump almost
all of it back out before it switched from pumping old dirty fluid to clean
fluid.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums