Re: [Shop-talk] Portable garage heater

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Portable garage heater
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:51:09 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Wayne" <wmc_st@xxiii.com>

> Karl is right about the heat blast.  Mine will melt Pb/Sn solder
> dangled
> a foot in front of it.  NEver burned any skin or clothes though.

Charred the wooden bumper on my SAAB ice racer once.

One night I had a brain face and stooped to replace the hubcap that had fallen
off one of the heater's wheels.  The heater had just been turned off.  I put my
hand on the top of the heater to get up.  This was the second-nastiest burn I
have received, second only to the time I grabbed a BMW 250 exhuast pipe while
looking for the kickstand in the dark.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net