[Shop-talk] best oem hose clamp pliers?

Subject: [Shop-talk] best oem hose clamp pliers?
From: dirtbeard at pacbell.net (old dirtbeard)
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 17:48:15 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bob,

Thank you for your response and suggestions.

Actually I just realized that clamp technologies have moved ahead a great deal
in the last 20 years and the screw-type clamps probably are inferior (e.g.,
tend
to chew into the rubber, do not clamp evenly around the circumference, are
difficult to access in many tight areas in a water-cooled performance
motorcycle, are bulky, look unsightly in exposed areas, etc.).

I was just hoping to reuse the original clamps or something similar. I attached
urls for photos of the clamp in the previous message, but do not know if it is
"standard product" or something that only the Italian motorcycle manufactures
are using. :-)

 best,

doug
'72 BSA B50SS