[Shop-talk] Well pump alarm question

Subject: [Shop-talk] Well pump alarm question
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:40:47 -0500
OK, I know that I said I'd be quiet for a while, but this is a sort of
emergency.

I have a spring fed well for my property.

Turns out that the water line in one of my out buildings broke.  So my
pump was running for (maybe?) hours constantly.

This drained the well and that was the first I knew something was wrong.

What I was wondering, is there any sort of device that I can make/buy that
I can hook up to my water pump that will 'time' how long it is
continuously running.  Then it sends an alarm after it has been running
continuously for more than a preset length of time?  It would need to
reset to zero when the pump turns off each time.

This way I would know of a problem before it drained the well.

Anyone know of anything?  Anyone make something similar in the past?

Thanks

Moose
Waldo Emerson