Re: [Shop-talk] Well pump alarm question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Well pump alarm question
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:07:13 -0500
On 1/20/2011 7:40 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> I have a spring fed well for my property.
> Turns out that the water line in one of my out buildings broke.  So my
> pump was running for (maybe?) hours constantly.
> What I was wondering, is there any sort of device that I can make/buy that
> I can hook up to my water pump that will 'time' how long it is
> continuously running.  Then it sends an alarm after it has been running

Does your setup have a pump and pressure tank with it?  These systems
will have a high/low pressure switch at the tank controlling the pump
cycles.  There are higher grade switches that have something like an
"under pressure" cutout in addition to the high/low.  These will trip
out if the tank goes below the preset low, and keep the pump turned of
until manually reset.  And they're a direct replacement for the cheaper
version of the pressure switch.  It still depends on exceeding water
supply from the source but can save your pump, and possibly reduce the
well recovery time.

-Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums