[Shop-talk] Welding cart idea

Subject: [Shop-talk] Welding cart idea
From: jblair1948 at cox.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:20:52 -0500
At 02:55 PM 1/19/2011, David Scheidt wrote:

 >>> OK, now I have my plasma cutter, my wire feed, my 'buzzbox' and my OxAc
 >>> tanks/torches in my shop.
 >>>
 >>> Each are on their own cart at this moment. B I was wondering,
would it make
 >>> sense to make a single, custom "welding" cart.
 >>>

 >I don't know that a single cart makes sense.  For one thing, I
wonder how much you'll use the
 >torch now that you've got the plasma cutter.   he people I know who
have both rarely use the
 >torch.  For me, the mig and plasma would make sense together, along
with their consumables,
 >and special tools.

Moose,

While I've seen pictures of you, and you nickname might be appripro,
I'm more of your Don Knotts
sort of fellow.  I don't know if I could push a cart that had all the
gear on it.  My dad has a seperate
cart for his 5' tall OA bottles and tourches, and the arc welder is
mounted to the wall of the garage.
My Mig welder is on a H.F. welding cart,
http://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-90305.html.

I agree with David, Mig and plasma cutter possibly on one stand, as
to me they go together.

John