Re: [Shop-talk] Phone line management

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Phone line management
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pj_thomas@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:23:22 -0500
On 1/28/2011 6:28 PM, Peter J. Thomas wrote:
> My daughter and her friends are out of control.  They use the home
> endlessly.  I work from home; lots of missed calls, either she
> ignores/misses the call waiting or conference calls which disables the
> call waiting. I tried to reason with my daughter and it works for
> about an hour.  I've asked her to explain to her friends I use the
> phone for work and they should wait til the evening to call, call once
> and not do not keep calling over and over again, to no avail.
>
> I'm looking for something to manage the incoming and outgoing calls.
> Ideally, it would go inline and intercept all incoming calls, filter
> certain numbers limiting the number of calls, length of calls and time
> of cay that they can be call and be called.
>
> Anyone know of a magical device, if not there is a business op
>
> Peter Thomas

Thanks for all the advice.  The second line may not be an option.  I had
a second line for dialup but disconnect when I got the cable modem.  The
first line went bad so the phone company  switched to main line to the
second.  The service tech told me it was a good thing I had had it
because he may not have been able to use any other lines; old lines and
pretty much used up.

Cell phone is not an option, only signal we get is standing in the
rafter at one end of the house.

Of the advice the internet phone might be an option, if cheap enough.

But this does address the root problem.  I need to trim her habit.
Giving in and giving her very own line sends the opposite message.
Equally I need to trim the habit of her friends which is most of the
problem.   If anyone knows of parental phone line technology I'm all ears.

Peter Thomas