Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Best dishwasher?
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 7:40:17 -0800
I have seen this happen to glass ware and plastic ware but thought it was
actually the glass and plastic getting scratched (etched) by hard water, crappy
detergent or scotch brite scrubbies actually damaging the glass or plastic. We
don't have a dishwasher (yet) and I seen this happen with some of out stuff
that was done by hand washing using scrubbies.

Tim
Dairyland Datsuns

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net> wrote:

=============
While on the topic of washers and soap ...

I have a late-model, low-end Maytag that, so far, has performed adequately.  My
choice was limited by the small size of
my kitchen enclosure--it was the only one I could find locally that would fit.

Anyway, for the last year or so--coincident with the detergent
reformulation?--I've noticed a problem.  My son drinks a
LOT of milk, specifically 1% lowfat, and my glasses have acquired a
semi-permanent milky residue.  It's almost as if the
milk is etching the glass.  It can be mostly scrubbed off with a Scotchbrite
pad/sponge, but this is a PITA (and try to
get a 20-year-old semi-man to do this).

Anybody else seeing this phenomenum?

bs

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell@comcast.net