Re: [Shop-talk] Truck cross reference challenge

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Truck cross reference challenge
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:47:48 -0600
Don't know about this type of plow, but I think the Uni-Mount system
from western uses the same truck-side mount for the 1/2, 3/4 and 1-ton
Chevy's until 99.  If this system attaches to the frame the same as
the western plows do, the mount they list for the 1/2 ton should work.

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 3:19 PM,  <eric@megageek.com> wrote:
> Ok, here is the deal.  I have a light duty Snowbear plow for my Ford
> Explorer (I just plow my driveway, so I don't need anything bigger.)
>
> I wanted to be able to mount this on my 1998 GMC 3500  (SC3) truck.  This
> truck isn't 4 wheel drive so I can't really put a bigger/heavy duty plow
> on it.  Plus I already own the snowbear.
>
> Here is the problem.  I can't find my truck listed in their product guide
> for a mounting bracket.
>
> Here is their mount guide...

http://www.snowbear.com/images/stories/contents/snowplow/pdf/Mount-Guide-2010
.pdf