[Shop-talk] Truck cross reference challenge

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Truck cross reference challenge
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 16:19:39 -0500
Ok, here is the deal.  I have a light duty Snowbear plow for my Ford
Explorer (I just plow my driveway, so I don't need anything bigger.)

I wanted to be able to mount this on my 1998 GMC 3500  (SC3) truck.  This
truck isn't 4 wheel drive so I can't really put a bigger/heavy duty plow
on it.  Plus I already own the snowbear.

Here is the problem.  I can't find my truck listed in their product guide
for a mounting bracket.

Here is their mount guide...

http://www.snowbear.com/images/stories/contents/snowplow/pdf/Mount-Guide-2010.pdf

Is there anyway to know if one of these will fit on my 3500?  With the
plow there is a "cross member" which is a steel plate with two 1" nubs
sticking out of the front and that is what the plow connects to.

I would hope to have another plate so I can mount the plow to either truck
if I need to so since I'll be making a cross member, I don't mind twiking
the frame mounts for the plow to fit so if I can find one that is 'close'
to my truck I'll be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Moose
Waldo Emerson