Re: [Shop-talk] dewalt battery charger testing

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dewalt battery charger testing
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:11:30 -0600
I also think there is a temperature sensing terminal on the battery that the
charger needs to see before it will apply a charge. At least there is on my
Hitachi charger. So unless you can simulate a real battery in the charger
socket you will get zero volts on the two battery terminals.

Maybe some small wires jammed in along with the the battery will allow you
to determine the charging voltage being applied to the battery. Of course I
take no responsibility for the small wires going hay wire and causing the
charger to assume either the dead or fire mode that David mentioned ;-}

Arvid