Re: [Shop-talk] cutting exhaust pipe

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cutting exhaust pipe
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:28:28 -0600
Its not as much fun as a sawzall, but I recently used Advance Auto's tool loan
program to 'borrow' a kit that included a chain cutter
(http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Kit-42---
Exhaust-Set-%284-Piece%29-Alltrade-Tools_9150002-P_N3494_T|GRP2083____).   The
cutter did a perfect job of cutting straight and only needed a few degrees of
back and forth movement to cut through both stainless and steel pipe.  It is a
little more work than using power tools, but also idiot proof enough that I
will go that route again the next time I need to cut pipe while still on the
car.