Re: [Shop-talk] Hot Water Heater 'Heat Trap'

To: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hot Water Heater 'Heat Trap'
From: Benjamin Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:58:24 -0500
A friend had this problem and the issue was the dip tube disintegrated and
releasd small plastic particles that plugged the aerators at all the
faucets.  Remove an aerater to see if that's the problem.  If you see
plastic granules in there its likely the dip tube.  Apparently there was a
time period where the dip tube material was changed and caused this problem
on lots of water heaters.