[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] what do you call this bolt

To: "john niolon" <>, "shop-talk" <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] what do you call this bolt
From: "Eric J Russell" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:02:10 -0500
McMaster-Carr item #94040A110 ?

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "john niolon" <>
To: "shop-talk" <>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 8:27 AM
Subject: [Shop-talk] what do you call this bolt

> got a question on another forum that has us stumped... we know what it is 
> and
> what it does, but don't know what to call it to source it...
> think of a standard bolt but instead of a hex head or socket head, it has 
> a
> slot in the bolt and a little 'wing' that is held in the slot by a roll 
> pin
> It will flip back and forth to tighten or loosen the bolt, when you use 
> your
> thumb as the wrench.  Seen them used for tension bolts on a drill press 
> motor
> frame to tighten the belt
> wish I could add a picture but I think you guys are smart enough to
> understand...  any suggestions ?
> thanks
> John
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>