[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Formica counter top

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Formica counter top
From: Pat Horne <>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 20:02:24 -0600
Formica is usually put down with contact cement. Contact cement can be 
released with lacquer thinner. If there is a loose spot around the edge, 
squirt some lacquer thinner under it and let it sit for a few minutes, 
then carefully work a putty knife under and see if it is releasing at 
all. If so, continue applying lacquer thinner and lifting the Formica 
until it all comes loose.


Thusly spake Brian Kennedy, On 11/25/2010 11:51 AM:
> We have a cottage with an old formica counter top we'd like to replace. We'd
> like to replace it, but we can't find any brackets. It looks like it's the top
> has been glued to the cabinet tops? Any ideas on how to replace? Can we just
> cover the old formica? It's still pretty solid after probably over 30 years?
> Brian K.
> _______________________________________________
> Donate:
> Suggested annual donation  $12.96
> Archive:
> Forums:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001  Lockhart, TX 78644-4443
-- We support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --
Suggested annual donation  $12.96

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>