Re: [Shop-talk] amateur body work

To: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] amateur body work
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:30:08 -0500
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM, BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com> wrote:
> When my dad had a body shop we used to send these types of things to our
> local frame shop. B They would pull the structure back to proper position
> then the body panels should fit properly.

Yeah, call your frame shops.  You might be able to find someone who is
willing to work with you on having you do all the other work, and who
can tell you how much you need to pull for them to work their magic.
(particularly, if you can be without the truck for a while.)  It might
be less than you think, or it might be a lot more.  there are reasons
collision repair is expensive.