Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] PTO Pumps
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 08:19:13 +0000
On 03/11/2010 03:19, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> OK, here is the problem.  I have a log splitter with a PTO pump that has
> the 21 spline gear.  Mine (and all big tractors) have a different gear set
> up.
>
> Here is what I have...
>
> http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_21759_21759
>
> Here is what I need...
>
> http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200329704_200329704

Eric, the one you have should be quite adequate. 20 gpm @ 540 rpm,
unless your splitter has an enormous ram :). The one you are considering
gives 23 gpm @ 1000 rpm, probably  less at 540 rpm. IMHO the way forward
is to get an adaptor from the site Randall suggests.

It might also be worth while checking with Prince that the specs on the
NT website are correct, to get 1000 rpm from a 6 spline pto tractor you
would need to run at max rpm, and then some.

Nick Brearley

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums