Re: [Shop-talk] noid light

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] noid light
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:59:10 -0400
To update the dead cylinder/injector/noid light question: it was a faulty
injector.

The injector's coil measured OK with the ohm meter but it did not inject
fuel. I never used or tried to make a noid light. I did probe the two
terminals in the harness connector with the engine running (on 5 cylinders).
As predicted, it did not show 12V but it did read some small number so I
assumed electrical signals were reaching the injector. Using a mechanic's
stethoscope I could easily hear the other injectors clicking with the engine
idling. But not the #5 cylinder's injector.

I then applied 12V+ & 12V- to the terminals on the injector. No click, no
life.

Injector replaced (remove intake air ducts, intake plenum with throttle
body, 2 screws for each injector and lift out the fuel rail. Cut fuel hose
to free injector then replace with new hose. Re-install all of above) and
all is well.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell