Re: [Shop-talk] soldering iron

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] soldering iron
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:42:56 -0500
I have more experience with the solder "guns" than the solder "pens".
It seems to me that if your pen has a long narrow point then it cannot
conduct heat fast enough down to the point.  Depending on what you are
soldering, the mass of it can soak up the heat faster than it can be
applied.  Maybe a blunter tip could work better.

I've noticed that some solder pens besides coming with different tips,
they have different heating elements as well, i.e. they are rated at
different wattages.  So depending on what you are soldering you might
match the wattage of the tip to the job.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums