[Shop-talk] soldering iron

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] soldering iron
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 19:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
I was trying to re-solder the instrument cluster circuit board on my old Volvo
and I tried a new Radio Shack pecil type (thin sharp point) soldering iron that
I've had for a while but had not used. This thing was useless it never got hot
enough to do the job. Today I tested a couple of very old soldering irons from
a friend and they got hot quick. Unfortunately they are so old that I could not
a brand name on them. Can anyone recommend a brand of good quality soldering
irons.
Thank You
Jorge

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums