Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?

To: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, shop-talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Better construction vehicles?
From: old dirtbeard <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 14:09:15 -0700 (PDT)
A GMC Savana heavy (or Chevy) 1/2 ton cargo van with a 4.3L V6 is tough to
beat.
It has 2,250 lb. payload, can pull a most any trailer, drives like a car, and
mine (an '03) averages 18.5 mpg in mostly city driving (on trips it gets 20.5
mpg). It is my daily driver, and the only problems I have with it is that it is
6' 11" high and will not fit in most of the older parking structures (here in
LA
they are building the newer structures taller, at least on the first floor).

I think the Dodge vans are much lower profile (I see them parked in parking
structures my GMC will not fit).

 best,

shook
'72 BSA B50SS