Re: [Shop-talk] H.F. tool cabinet

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] H.F. tool cabinet
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 17:32:21 -0400
On 9/19/2010 3:30 PM, David C. wrote:
> 11 drawer roller cabinet for $139, which seems like a pretty good deal
> considering the list price (does ANYONE pay list price for anything from
> H.F.?) is $299 and the web price is $219.

Meh.  I'd pass on it.  Only three drawers in the roll-away base, and
that big wasted open space at the bottom.  Are the top chests full-depth
of the bottom?  I'd hold out for a top-chest that is full-depth and
something that doesn't have that big wasted void space underneath.

The Sears boxen are available in similar price ranges, but with the
features I'd like.  Keep in mind - Christmas is coming in 3 months and
there will be BIG ASS tool sales at Sears, Lowes, etc coming in the next
few weeks.

-Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums