Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] removing broken PVC threads
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 13:41:53 -0400
On 9/4/2010 11:44 AM, Ron Horwitz wrote:
> Underground irrigation system has a riser that snapped off.  The main
>plumbing in the ground is a 1/2" PVC tee with female threads.  A PVC pipe with
>male threads fit in.  The riser broke clean at the top of the tee fitting.
>What is the best way to get the riser threads out of the tee?

Hmm, seems like there should be some "easy out" kinda tool that would
expand as turned CCW and grip the ID.  But I don't knwo of one right off.

I do know they make reamers for cleaning out the ID of PVC fittings that
have been previously glued into.  I understand yours is threaded, but
that might still be an option.  At least to get a little extension or
nipple in to get up to a threaded fitting?

-Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums