Re: [Shop-talk] How do you clean a Chamois?"

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How do you clean a Chamois?"
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:33:21 -0500
     Here is the recommendation from "the Original Chamois Company":
     * Use chamois leather to dry off surfaces after washing;
       /Our chamois leather has super absorbency - 500% by weight.
       Softness that only genuine chamois leather gives.
       With the ability to lift and hold grime particles within the
       hollow fiber of the leather, you can effectively eliminate
       abrasion and save you time./
     * After washing your car as recommended by the manufacturer.
       Use natural chamois leather cloth to dry your car.
     * Before use rinse chamois cloth in clean water, and wring out.
       The chamois needs to be damp, yet not wet to for best results.
     * Remove the majority of water from your car before you dry it by
       sweeping the chamois over the car, wring out excess water as you
       proceed.
     * Chamois leather gets stiff when it is too dry, it will regain its
       softness with moisture or on wetting.
     * Genuine natural chamois leather cloth makes an excellent window
       chamois with a soft lint free surface.
     * When cleaning chamois leather rinse it in lukewarm water with a
       mild non-alkali soap, or mild detergent. Squeeze or use chamois
       wringer to remove excess water. Gently stretch chamois flannel,
       and hang in area protected from direct sunlight and intense heat.
       Take care not to over dry.
     * Chamois is excellent for grooming your pets especially dogs and
       horses.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Tim, On 8/21/2010 12:20 PM: