Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, kvacek@ameritech.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Miter saw or compound miter saw
From: Pat Horne <pat@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 18:43:33 -0500
  Karl,

One thing about using the 10" blades you already have is that the
geometry of the cutting edge is different between a table saw blade and
a miter saw blade.  I can't remember for sure, but I think the trust
angle of the table saw blade will cause the miter saw to plow into the
wood, leaving a rougher cut. I use a sliding saw, and can tell the
difference between a table saw blade and a miter saw blade.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Karl Vacek, On 8/3/2010 1:00 AM: