Re: [Shop-talk] charging batterys in series

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] charging batterys in series
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:57:35 -0700
> I have a bulldozer that has two batterys wired in series i.e.
> neg, pos to neg,
> pos.  Can someone refresh my memory how to charge the two.  I
> know I can
> charge them separately but is it possible to charge them
> together leaving the cables in place.

Sure, you just need a charger for the sum of the voltages (24v I'm
guessing).  Connect it to the two outside posts, observing polarity just
like a regular charger.

Each battery is just 6 cells in series anyway, so having two batteries in
series is like having a single 12 cell battery.

Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums