Re: [Shop-talk] shop sewer/septic tank prob

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] shop sewer/septic tank prob
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 19:42:34 -0500
The small house I lived in 25 years ago had this problem.  It had clay
pipe leading from the house to the city sewer.  There were several spots
where roots could get into the pipes, and one spot where I think the
pipe had broken or had been crushed partly because it was very difficult
to get the snake past that spot.

The first time we called the plumber they couldn't find the pipe
underground, and we didn't have a cleanout, so they hauled the machine
up on the roof and fed the snake down the vent stack (not stack vent).
Once the snake got into the pipe we could hear it and that allowed us to
find the pipe.  They dug down and found a spot where a previous person
had broken a hole in the side of the pipe to get their snake in, then
they put a piece of sheet metal over the hole and filled in the dirt.
Roots got into this spot real easily.

After renting the machines myself many times, I got fed up, dug up the
entire pipe from the house to the sidewalk, and replaced it with plastic
including a cleanout.  Never had any problems after that.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums