[Shop-talk] Follow-Up: Lawn mower engine & blade question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Follow-Up: Lawn mower engine & blade question
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 13:13:22 -0400
Hey Guys,  Thanks for all the input on the mower & blade I clobbered.

Amazingly, the crankshaft seems to be un-bent.  The flywheel key that's
designed to shear off probably did, so I'm gonna score one of those
along with a new blade.

I tried to start it with no blade on the shaft, and it wouldn't really
fire, let alone run.  Not sure if that's due to lack of blade mass, or
the ignition timing being messed up by that crank key being sheared.

Here are a couple pics of the damage.  Not quite the 90 degree bend it
looked like with my first view under the deck.  But nothing I'll be
pressing back into service either.

http://www.xxiii.com/~wcox/blade/

-Thanks, Wayne

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums