Re: [Shop-talk] Fly-n-drive question

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>, "shop-talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fly-n-drive question
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 16:30:49 -0400
Thanks for the many replies. Confirms what I assumed - tools in carry-on are
likely to be frowned upon (assuming TSA has emotions).

The more I thunk about it the more I realize that buying a few tools in
Houston is the best answer. It meets the genetic drive for buying more
tools, I will want a few basic tools in the car anyway (as if one needed an
excuse to buy tools...), I won't have to pay to mail my tools which
satisfies my frugal (OK, cheap) genes, and no worries about frowning TSA
agents.

As for driving British cars - we have driven our MGB all over North Carolina
and taken it to Watkins Glen, NY & Massachusetts a few times. However, that
was all done after I rebuilt it - engine, clutch, brakes, new battery, etc.
Does that make me partially crazy?

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell