Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] flat screen heat
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:16:19 -0700
  I was not going to say anything but since someone else has, I will
too.  I don't understand the need for this thing, it will NOT tell you
what is wasting energy, only that energy is being used.  The Kill-A-Watt
thing that you plug into individual plugs and can check actual appliance
use seems much more useful that a TED.  Only cool part I see from TED is
the ability to hook it up to the computer and get wowee cool graphics,
but in reality all it does is give you the same information that the
meter outside gives you.  When I get serious about my power usage I want
to know which appliance is wasting it and how to use less, not what the
entire usage is.  I have been known to go read my meter when running my
big things in my garage like my powder coating oven but smaller items
wont show up on the meter, you need individual plugs for that.

   But I do look forward to seeing some cool color charts :)

     mike